Is Working From Home Making You FAT?

Updated: Sep 14

Blooming! A Healthy Home by Design Podcast S4 Ep. 3: How to Burn more calories at home without exercise! Show notes


Welcome to Blooming! A Healthy Home by Design. To listen to the full episode click here.


Today we are going to share several ways you can create a healthier home that will help you burn more calories without adding any additional exercise! What? How is that even possible you ask? Well, I’ve got fitness expert Ror Alexander here on the show again and he’s going to tell us all about movement furniture, and how to create a NEAT home. NEAT stands for Non exercise activity thermogenisis. So this is going to be a great episode since we are all at home and probably much more sedentary than we’ve ever been. I have friends who have said they’ve gained the Covid-19! So if that’s you, this episode is going to help you with that!

For those of you who haven’t heard the last few episodes, be sure to go and check them out because we’ve had this same special guest on the last 2 weeks. Ror Alexander is a fitness expert, trainer and he’s lived and travelled in Asia for over 7 years. He’s a Feng Shui expert as well. He’s already shared with us how to create the ultimate home gym at home and then last week we talked about how to create a home you can feel happier in by creating a Zen space and it’s not what you think! so be sure to go and check those episodes out! But today, I’m just so excited because Ror is going to teach us about having a NEAT home and all about movement furniture and how that is going to help us burn more calories, give us more strength and flexibility without any additional exercise!

Hey there Ror! Welcome to the show again!

So Ror what is a NEAT home? To listen to the full interview click here.


So just to recap - a lot of us spend 21 hours a day on our backs or on our butts sitting. This is hurting us! It’s limiting our mobility and flexibility and ultimately our health. Ror says that even if you exercise an hour a day that’s only 4% of our day!! What you choose to do during the other 96% can make more of a difference than even that 4%.


Wow! that’s pretty amazing to think about. So Ror suggested we use passive ways to increase our movement throughout the day. He suggested walking with your morning coffee or eating at a bar height table standing up sometimes or watching tv while you are on the floor stretching. Using your laptop on the floor sometimes or getting a standup desk, anything you can do to change your position and move a little bit more is going to help you.

This was such a great interview I'm going to have to go and listen to it again! I hope that you found it helpful too! If you want to get in touch with Ror go to his website at http://www.roralexander.com


Thanks so much for listening! And I hope this inspired you to get moving!

Have a great day!

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle